Great to hear that Lilian Rice is getting a statue – and a remodel! Meet the participants at bottom:
This month, a life-size statue of the late Lilian J. Rice will arrive at the Rancho Santa Fe Historical Society in preparation for its ultimate destination at the town’s civic center envisioned by the architect back in the 1920s. It will officially be unveiled in May with much-deserved fanfare.
Meanwhile, down the street, an altogether different tribute is underway at a single-level Spanish Revival 3,900-square-foot residence built by Rice for a California-dreaming New Jersey family in 1926.
Come spring, it will get its own place in the sun thanks to a duo of San Diego design powerhouses. Del Mar interior designer Michelle Salz-Smith and Lisa Kriedeman, principal of Island Architects, are seizing a rare opportunity to expand and modernize the organic style pioneered by Rice nearly a century ago.
Michelle Salz-Smith creates her own form of minimal eclecticism, where raw materials, hand-forged objects, and distinctive shapes create one-of-a-kind homes in which people commune, contemplate, and connect: https://www.studio-surface.com/home
Tony Crisafi and Lisa Kriedeman are the highly accomplished principal architects creating residences of quiet luxury throughout Southern California, nationally and internationally for more than two decades. https://www.islandarch.com/
Before we get started, I just want to express our sincere condolences to all the victims of the Las Vegas shooting and that they are in our thoughts and prayers. #vegasstrong
Now that fall is here, we need to get your home ready for the holidays! It’s always good to do a maintenance check on your home because lets be honest; it’s hard to find time! But could you imagine, it is Christmas Day and there’s about to be 20+ people coming over and a roof leak occurs?! Yikes!
Hopefully this checklist can help you feel less stress during the holidays!
1. Roof – Take a walk around the house and make sure there are no loose shingles. Check the flashing too! It’s always nice to have a professional do a inspection for those who have old roofs or live in rainy areas.
2. Caulking – This is a pretty critical maintenance action for any homeowner. The main areas to focus on is the top of exposed windows and lights to prevent rainfall from getting in.
3. Gutters – It’s always very important to have this system flowing smoothly. When leaves, dirt, and runoff water stays in your gutters for too long, it not only creates blockage but can also lead to corrosion and rust. Some people like to have mesh guards over their gutters to keep debris out!
4. Plumbing – Water. We need it, yet it can cause major issues to a home! Locate your main water shut off valve and make sure all family members know where it is. It will come in handy to have multiple people know how to shut it off in case of an emergency!
5. Heating and AC System – Time for a seasonal checkup! People forget to change their filters so now would be a good time. You can also adjust your system’s temperatures since we are transitioning from muggy to crisp and refreshing air.
6. Smoke and CO Detectors – Many forget to check, and just wait for the annoying beeps to alert them to a dead battery. The International Fire Chiefs Association encourages you to change your smoke alarm batteries every November when you set your clocks back for Daylight Savings Time!
7. General Cleanup – There is always lots of cooking during the holidays (duh). But there are also people running their fireplaces. This would be a great time to remove fire hazards, inside and out! Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, overgrown brush and trees, etc.
8. Thin out your holiday decorations – Some of us like to hoard the old decorations – but are we ever going to use grandma’s old ornaments? Whatever you don’t use, either give away or throw away!
If you want referrals to vendors/contractors to assist with any of these – my mom, Donna, has someone for everything. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the solar roof tiles covering the entire house, they will be pitching it as a money-making solar plant. But $87,500 is double the cost of today’s panel systems – or more! Nice warranty though:
Made with tempered glass, Solar Roof tiles are more than three times stronger than standard roofing tiles. That’s why we offer the best warranty in the industry – the lifetime of your house, or infinity, whichever comes first.
As good as twitter gets right here: Meet the Chicago-area man behind the hilarious Super 70s Sports Twitter account: 'I poke fun. It's a little profane. But I think it's good-hearted' https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-super-70s-sports-ricky-cobb-20190223-story.html
I am an active realtor working the street so most of the time the reality is stranger than fiction these days. But you could probably say that it's been like that since the beginning in 2005. Thanks for asking.
Extended to end of August now. There will never be a Covid foreclosure: FHFA extends forbearance period to 18 months - HousingWire https://www.housingwire.com/articles/fhfa-extends-forbearance-period-to-18-months/
"Where do we begin..2020 has been a year for everyone. When COVID hit and shut down both my husband and my businesses, we were left with a mortgage and very little income coming in. We were stressed, scared and felt stuck. We made the hard decision to sell our home and move out of state. We contacted the Klinges' and spent a good hour going over what we hoped we could accomplish. Jim and Donna came over with comps in hand and suggestions on improvements to get our house ready for the market. It was overwhelming to think about, but Donna was there and one step ahead in every scenario. more "
"Jim and Donna Klinge made the sale of our condo extraordinarily easy. They know the market and gave us sound advice backed by details and very considerable experience, reflected both in the initial pricing and subsequent negotiations. They work together as a team and are always available to talk. more "
"I cannot believe there are no reviews of Donna yet, ugh!! She is the secret sauce of the Jim Klinge/Donna Klinge combo! I will touch on Jim here, but Donna is why I'm so totally loyal to these two (no offense to Jim :)).
I consider myself a rather savvy buyer/seller. I've bought/sold 7 times in more "
"Jim and Donna Klinge are by far the most professional, personable and responsive realtors I have ever worked with. They provide VIP concierge level service in every area of the process of selling your home. My home was marketed so successfully that we received an offer the day after our first and only open house. Thanks to Jim's pricing and negotiating, our house is now the highest sold in our community... more "
by Ann Romanello
"Jim educated us, helped us find the perfect house, and then negotiated us a great deal. I would hate to be sitting across the negotiating table from ... more "
"Jim is thorough and will be brutally honest about the homes he shows you. He provides great service and follows through until the very end and even ... more "
"I highly recommend Jim as a buyer’s agent. Working with Jim, we closed this week on a San Diego condo. Jim prepared a list of comparable sales to ... more "