Before we get started, I just want to express our sincere condolences to all the victims of the Las Vegas shooting and that they are in our thoughts and prayers. #vegasstrong
Now that fall is here, we need to get your home ready for the holidays! It’s always good to do a maintenance check on your home because lets be honest; it’s hard to find time! But could you imagine, it is Christmas Day and there’s about to be 20+ people coming over and a roof leak occurs?! Yikes!
Hopefully this checklist can help you feel less stress during the holidays!
1. Roof – Take a walk around the house and make sure there are no loose shingles. Check the flashing too! It’s always nice to have a professional do a inspection for those who have old roofs or live in rainy areas.
2. Caulking – This is a pretty critical maintenance action for any homeowner. The main areas to focus on is the top of exposed windows and lights to prevent rainfall from getting in.
3. Gutters – It’s always very important to have this system flowing smoothly. When leaves, dirt, and runoff water stays in your gutters for too long, it not only creates blockage but can also lead to corrosion and rust. Some people like to have mesh guards over their gutters to keep debris out!
4. Plumbing – Water. We need it, yet it can cause major issues to a home! Locate your main water shut off valve and make sure all family members know where it is. It will come in handy to have multiple people know how to shut it off in case of an emergency!
5. Heating and AC System – Time for a seasonal checkup! People forget to change their filters so now would be a good time. You can also adjust your system’s temperatures since we are transitioning from muggy to crisp and refreshing air.
6. Smoke and CO Detectors – Many forget to check, and just wait for the annoying beeps to alert them to a dead battery. The International Fire Chiefs Association encourages you to change your smoke alarm batteries every November when you set your clocks back for Daylight Savings Time!
7. General Cleanup – There is always lots of cooking during the holidays (duh). But there are also people running their fireplaces. This would be a great time to remove fire hazards, inside and out! Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, overgrown brush and trees, etc.
8. Thin out your holiday decorations – Some of us like to hoard the old decorations – but are we ever going to use grandma’s old ornaments? Whatever you don’t use, either give away or throw away!
If you want referrals to vendors/contractors to assist with any of these – my mom, Donna, has someone for everything. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the solar roof tiles covering the entire house, they will be pitching it as a money-making solar plant. But $87,500 is double the cost of today’s panel systems – or more! Nice warranty though:
Made with tempered glass, Solar Roof tiles are more than three times stronger than standard roofing tiles. That’s why we offer the best warranty in the industry – the lifetime of your house, or infinity, whichever comes first.
"I cannot believe there are no reviews of Donna yet, ugh!! She is the secret sauce of the Jim Klinge/Donna Klinge combo! I will touch on Jim here, but Donna is why I'm so totally loyal to these two (no offense to Jim :)).
I consider myself a rather savvy buyer/seller. I've bought/sold 7 times in more "
"Jim and Donna Klinge are by far the most professional, personable and responsive realtors I have ever worked with. They provide VIP concierge level service in every area of the process of selling your home. My home was marketed so successfully that we received an offer the day after our first and only open house. Thanks to Jim's pricing and negotiating, our house is now the highest sold in our community... more "
by Ann Romanello
"Jim educated us, helped us find the perfect house, and then negotiated us a great deal. I would hate to be sitting across the negotiating table from ... more "
"Jim is thorough and will be brutally honest about the homes he shows you. He provides great service and follows through until the very end and even ... more "
"I highly recommend Jim as a buyer’s agent. Working with Jim, we closed this week on a San Diego condo. Jim prepared a list of comparable sales to ... more "