Our long-time reader (and California transplant) Susie is moving into a new home in Boise, Idaho. She has been preparing to put her current Boise home on the market, and expected the RV garage would help propel the sale.
Here is her report:
Sales have slowed here (How could they not?) but still only 1.2 months of inventory. Putting my home on market for $399,900. Comp across the street went pending at $428,900. ( New 4/2.5, 2,250 SF with bay RV garage).
I only have 1,971 SF. My agent Luke said from $399,900 to $415k, up to me. I should be only single level w/40-ft RV garage on market. Eleven on market comparable. Hoping for multiple offers, (always on my RE bucket list), but w/ kids already back at school, I dunno.
1. Listed house Friday for $399,900.
2. 1st showing that night: 7-7:30 pm.
3. 2nd showing scheduled for Monday afternoon as they left town for holiday.
4. My agent Luke asked if Sunday showing was ok as they came home early.
5. My beloved neighbors said we could hang out in their backyard next door during showings as Moosh (my cat) gets sick in cars.
6. Sunday showing lasted from 5:30-6:30 pm.
7. Luke called yesterday morning: “You called it! Offer came in!”
8. Luke said he’s never had it happen this quick with only the second showing (100’s of transactions).
9. Ridiculously clean offer: List price, no contingencies.
10. We move to new home October 5th.
The photographs were stunning, and I staged it as well as I could.
Sometimes life works out perfectly, just as you projected. 🙂
She wanted to have a smooth transition and not have to worry about a softer market – and she had her price reflect it!