When I first started selling homes, most brokerages were mom & pop offices on the local corner. Man, how times have changed.
Now, venture capital is flooding the industry, and some outsiders flush with cash are trying to convince you that cheaper is better – without describing the services provided, other than to call it ‘full service’, making it sound sufficient.
Consumers deserve a legitimate full-service option.
They deserve the option to choose a company who hires full-service agents and then supports them with modern, high-tech resources to deliver an unparalleled consumer experience.
Compass is committed to full-service realtors – and is working with $800 million in venture capital to build the team, and provide the high-tech support.
Starting today, we are affiliating with Compass to improve our services and build our presence using their agent resources.
I did not sell my company to Compass; instead we are a branch office with our same address, phone numbers, blog, etc.
- The Compass resources will help us expand and better define our services.
- Having a luxury brand name will help me attract new clients who are unfamiliar with us.
- We want to grow as a team, and being affiliated with Compass will help us attract better people.
- With Kayla moving to NYC, I’m hoping that the marketing support from Compass will help bridge the gap.
- I want plenty of distance between me and the discounters – not sure I’ll get that without a bigger and better corporate presence backed with VC.
Compass is backed by Goldman Sachs, SoftBank and others, and is hiring full-service realtors and brokerages throughout the country. The goal is to have 20% market share in the top 20 cities by 2020.
My ultimate goal has always been to create a full-service brokerage that the kids can take over. Teaming up with Compass looks like the best way to improve our brand and build a practice for the future!