Those who want to get involved in smart growth/affordable-housing issues can attend the San Diego City council meeting today at 2:00pm. The City Council members have submitted ideas, summarized here:
- Sell or lease government-owned land.
- Defer or waive permit/development fees.
- Streamline the approval process.
- Solicit state and federal funding for affordable housing projects.
- Encourage granny flats and smaller houses and lots.
- Reduce parking requirements.
- Tax rebates for building affordable housing.
- Issue specific policy on short-term vacation rentals (Airbnb).
Andrew covers the topic here: