California is #19, and Minnesota is #1?
I’d like a recount!
Being dead last in housing affordability probably sunk us.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 49 key indicators of family-friendliness.
The data set ranges from median family salary to housing affordability to unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in California (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 5th – % of Families with Young Kids
- 46th – Child-Care Costs (Adjusted for Median Family Income)
- 5th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 49th – Median Family Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 36th – Violent-Crime Rate
- 34th – % of Families in Poverty
- 50th – Housing Affordability
- 38th – Unemployment Rate
- 15th – Separation & Divorce Rate
For the full report, please visit: