Have you ever been frustrated with a bidding war?
Don’t despair – we have a new form!
I hope every broker has been using some version of this for the last 6-7 years.
What struck me was how this could perpetuate the belief that all we do is fill out forms. Ask what your potential listing agent does besides the paperwork – because salesmanship is what gets top dollar.
Here’s what I do for my sellers:
- Handle all inquiries personally, and encourage offers.
- Give you a written summary of offers.
- Suggest how we can pit them against each other.
- Pit them against each other.
- Work the phones until we reach top dollar.
- Have wifey make sure it closes on time.
Salesmanship is pursuing the desired result – top dollar. Not taking orders.