Hat tip to downturn for seinding this in from claimsjournal.com:

Michael Davies wanted to see a home for sale in western Michigan. The visit left him with a broken ankle, wrist and elbow.

Davies blamed his real estate agent for his four-foot fall in a dark garage at a Barry County house that had no electricity at the time. But the Michigan appeals court says it’s a case of potential buyer beware: The agent is not liable for the injuries.

The court last week said agent Sandra Johnson and Greenridge Realty did nothing to create the hazardous condition in 2008 and had no duty to inspect the house to look for possible pitfalls.

There’s no indication in the decision whether Davies bought the house – or kept his agent. A message seeking comment was left with his lawyer.

Pin It on Pinterest