Fox Point Farms is a new “Agrihood” community spanning approximately 21.5-acre in the City of Encinitas. The site will provide 250 new residential units, including a mix of 53 for-sale cottages, carriage units, and townhomes, as well as 197 apartments. Of these units, 39 are set aside as “very low” (at or below 50 percent of area median income) affordable residential units.
The site features a number of unique and engaging amenities, including edible landscaping, community gardens, trails, a bocce court, social spaces, a community library, and a community recreation center. The project will also include a shared public/private agricultural amenity area including a farm-to-table restaurant, farm stand, event lawns, discovery garden, greenhouse and community work area, and an outdoor education patio. The northern portion of the project site will remain in agricultural use, serving as an organic farm operation.
Is there a list to get on?
I did not see one. There is remarkably little information available online.
A rookie police officer pulled a biker over for speeding and had the following exchange:
• Officer: May I see your driver’s license?
• Biker: I don’t have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.
• Officer: May I see the owner’s card for this vehicle?
• Biker: It’s not my bike. I stole it.
• Officer: The motorcycle is stolen?
• Biker: That’s right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner’s card in the tool bag when I was putting my gun in there.
Officer: There’s a gun in the tool bag?
• Biker: Yes sir. That’s where I put it after I shot and killed the dude who owns this bike and stuffed his dope in the saddle bags.
• Officer: There’s drugs in the saddle bags too?!?!?
• Biker: Yes, sir. Hearing this, the rookie immediately called his captain. The biker was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the biker to handle the tense situation:
• Captain: Sir, can I see your license?
• Biker: Sure. Here it is. It was valid.
• Captain: Who’s motorcycle is this?
• Biker: It’s mine, officer. Here’s the registration.
• Captain: Could you slowly open your tool bag so I can see if there’s a gun in it?
• Biker: Yes, sir, but there’s no gun in it. Sure enough, there was nothing in the tool bag.
• Captain: Would you mind opening your saddle bags? I was told you said there’s drugs in them.
• Biker: No problem. The saddle bags were opened; no drugs.
• Captain: I don’t understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn’t have a license, stole this motorcycle, had a gun in the tool bag, and that there were drugs in the saddle bags.
• Biker: Yeah, I’ll bet he told you I was speeding, too.
Try to get any “pick fruit off the trees” in writing.