We got into the future of realtors over the weekend.
It started with the crowdfunding effort to raise money to build a realtor-owned portal, and the goal is $1,100,000. But less than $200,000 has been donated so far, so it’s unlikely the effort will be successful.
It’s a good idea though!
I explained why here, and then kept it going in the comment section:
But talk about the future may make you wonder what will happen here.
What is the future of the bubbleinfo.com, and JtR?
While most of the house-selling industry is going to the big agent teams, I’m going to stick with the personal-consultant approach, and use this blog to help differentiate myself from the rest of the pack.
I’ll risk being seen as irrelevant, but I’ll take that chance and try to appeal to those who are curious for more data/insight about our local market.
It is astonishing how many visitors still come to the blog! Don’t people stop reading real estate websites once they buy or sell a house?
Yet the Google Analytics above show that we’re still getting almost 5,000 unique visitors per months with virtually no promotion at all. Even if most of those hits are the sexy internet bots, I’d be happy if we had 500 people!
Thank you for being here!
What’s Next for JtR and Bubbleinfo.com:
- More Kayla – I’ve said it before, but I mean it this time.
- Grow the Staff – Interviews began today to hire one more person. Not looking for the big-team, just need more help with the little things.
- Blog Upgrades – Work is underway to add a home-search feature, and consolidate others. Hoping to tune up the mobile access too.
- Blog Content – This paragraph below is included in every sale, and I think it gives permission for agents to be honest and provide the transparency that is wanted and needed – not sure how far I will push it though:
- Videos – I am more enthusiastic about videos than ever, and have been converting to Facebook Live as an alternative. Not that many people watch the videos here, but I’ll keep them coming and hope to improve on them because they are the future. Every blog post is automatically uploaded to that Facebook account, so if that is a preferred way for you to receive your knowledge, then like/follow the page there and you will get everything you get here, and then some!
- Documentary Film – Today is the deadline for Sundance, and Giorgio has been screening privately to industry insiders to get valuable feedback before submitting. We discussed last week about including some of my old foreclosure videos, so there is hope I won’t end up on the cutting room floor.
Stick around, there’s plenty more to come!
Tell your friends and family who are thinking of buying or selling to use this blog as a resource, and to employ Kayla and I to be their realtors! I’d appreciate it!