Carmel Valley and Carlsbad are the best two areas for sampling the general market conditions. They are both known for their tract homes, which offer the convenience of newer features and lower maintenance/repairs.
They also tend to be relatively affordable, compared to custom homes.
But to show you how today’s market has gone ballistic, here is a summary of tract homes available in the various areas:
Carmel Valley, 92130
- Nine houses for sale under $1,000,000
- Bressi Ranch – 1 under $970,000
- La Costa Oaks – None under $999,000
- La Costa Greens – 3 under $925,000
- La Costa Ridge – None under $999,000
- La Costa Valley – 6 houses under $995,000
- Rancho Carrillo – 6 houses under $900,000
- Sonata, SF Trails, Summerwalk – No houses for sale
- Carlsbad Ranch – None under $2,000,000.
The intensity is on the rise, and those who want to buy in the $700,000s and $800,000s are faced with quite a challenge. This is one of the few left: