I hope we can make this a recurring feature – meeting our fellow bubbleinfo readers, and getting a glimpse of their neck of the woods!
We wanted to get a couple of photos to you with us wearing your real
nice shirts, we just love them, Thanks so much. The weather is turning
and we’re expecting snow tomorrow, 60 degrees today though. We took
these photos from the Highlands Ranch Backcountry. This is what makes
where we live so special. If we didn’t live here we’d like to live in
your area. As you know we find your home tours the best. Thanks for
your great videos Jim !
Liz and Mike
Highlands Ranch, CO
click twice for larger image:
About Highlands Ranch
Highlands Ranch was as part of the Louisiana Purchase and has been a
working ranch for over 100 years. The area south of Highlands Ranch is
8,200 acres of pristine wilderness area where there is an abundance of
wildlife. Homeowners in Highlands Ranch enjoy trails in the
Backcountry and many parks and bike trails along with four
Highlands Ranch residents enjoy:
• More than 2,000 acres of open space, 70 miles of paved and natural
trails, 16 local parks, three community parks, and one regional park.
• Four full-scale, state-of-the-art recreation centers, and two
18-hole golf courses.
• 19 elementary schools, four middle schools, and five high schools.
• High-quality medical care at several medical facilities throughout
• Numerous places of worship representing a variety of faiths.
• A variety of convenience and retail amenities.
• The HRCA has constructed seven miles of wildlife-sensitive,
natural-surface trails on portions of the 8,200-acre Backcountry
• The community is home to nearly 1,000 businesses, employing more
than 6,800 people.
• Highlands Ranch is Colorado’s largest master-planned community with
22,000 acres in various stages of development.
• Highlands Ranch is ranked as one of the most progressive
master-planned communities in the country and lies just 12 miles south
of the Denver metro area in Douglas County.
• The community will reach completion near the year 2010 and will
encompass more than 90,000 residents, occupying 36,700 homes.
• The Backcountry Wilderness Area of Highlands Ranch is 8,200 acres of
open space managed by the Highlands Ranch Community Association.