See what I mean? Hat tip to bode:
Category Archive: ‘Bubbleinfo TV’
Richard has a new listing in the Stone Canyon gated community high in the hills of San Marcos. We’ve contemplated just being one-story specialists, but there aren’t enough of them coming up for sale!
We also have it as a Coming Soon listing on Zillow.
Even though I’m not a big fan of the practice, I like to try things out at least once a year to see if I can learn anything new.
One of the problems with the Coming Soon listings is that agents don’t have a game plan once the listing hits the internet.
Are they willing to show it prior to MLS input?
Are they willing to sell it prior to MLS input?
Apparently these questions don’t occur to many of the agents employing the Coming Soon strategy, because when I call on them, rarely do they have an answer. They just hope a buyer calls and they can round-trip the deal. The seller deserves better! (we are happy to show while the seller puts the finishing touches on the house)
If you like this one, call Richard Morgan at 619-200-3844.
Just a soft friendly encouragement……
The blog features our new listings, and I really should do more follow-up to show the results. Here is a summary of how four of them turned out this year!
When selling a custom beach house, or any house that has a smaller pool of buyers, you can’t leave anything up to chance. Great staging, mass exposure, vivid photography and video, and an agent who recognizes the positives – and can sell them:
Those in the business who know the mortgage underwriting guidelines might enjoy this video – here are my takeaways from today’s Caliber Home Loans talk:
- ‘Investors’ are banks, mutual funds, insurance cos., hedge funds, etc. who invest in steady streams of income. But they get more than the note rate – discount points and admin fees will bump up the annual returns to 5% – 8%. They are motivated to find ways to fund mortgages!
- Income-qualifying the self-employed buyers according to their 24 months of bank statements is an idea that should have been implemented by now – it is a fantastic way to qualify the actual income.
- Trended credit is a smart and gives benefit to those who pay off credit cards every month.
- Alternative credit is here to stay, and anyone who can verify they are paying on 3 lines of credit on time every month – one being rent – can get a mortgage.
- We accept that the government will want to subsidize the mortgage industry. The FHA allows for sub-580 FICO scores on FHA loans (which already accept gift money for down payments and multiple co-borrowers).
The listing agent Paul is a great guy and authorized this video tour for the blog:
Are you wondering where realtors might take this video thing?
Here’s one angle, from Canada – hat tip sm!
Real estate agent Vanessa Shelley had a vacant home and, it seems, a lot of time on her hands. The result? A promotional real estate video that has to be seen to believed.
The listing at 2616 Prestonvale Rd. in Courtice, Ont. has three bedrooms, three bathrooms and had a price tag of $438,900.
My all-time #1 most watched video (out of 2,155) from Christmas, 2008, The previous owners paid $927,500 in November, 2005 – I sold it for $485,000 in April, 2009 after 56 days on the market for $108/sf:
A plug for Eileen’s new listing in La Costa Valley: