If There Was No Bubble
What would have happened if we didn’t have the bubble/burst?
This graph suggests we would have gotten here anyway, and it’s probably true.
The national 3.6% annual appreciation rate sounds a little rich, but we would have had strong demand from baby boomers setting up their kids lately.
- We probably wouldn’t have sub-4% mortgage rates. The jury is still out on whether the Fed can navigate this through to the other side, so there could be further prices to pay later.
- If the fixed-rate on mortgages wasn’t so low, we might still have ARMs.
- We’d still have foreclosures.
- Kamala Harris wouldn’t be so famous.
- The Tan Man wouldn’t have been sent to early retirement, and his golf game would have suffered slightly.
- Bubbleinfo.com wouldn’t be here!
I’m grateful we are here together trying to figure it all out!