Buying Real Estate with IRAs
A good starting point for those who are thinking of buying investment properties with their IRAs:
From the article:
Here are six reasons why buying real estate with an IRA is a potentially lucrative and wise move today:
1. A solid alternative to stocks
2. An investment well-suited for long-term investors
3. Purchasing a significantly undervalued asset
4. A steady income generator
5. A safer means to play the stock market
6. The ability to flip real estate with no tax bite
Look at one of the hardest-hit zip codes in the country, Oceanside’s 92057, where homes are regularly selling for 50% below peak-pricing.
This year there have been 41 houses sold that were listed under $200,000, and the SP:LP ratio is 100.16%.
Only 14 of 41 have sold for less than list price! They are averaging $143/sf.
For those who click on the link to the article, also check the comments section below it - heated debates on both sides, with a number of people saying it is the worst thing you could do. We’ve mentioned here below the perils of maintaining the properties, and managing the tenants. Proceed with caution.
(hat tip to Bryce)